The best-looking beards don’t just appear magically out of nowhere. Instead, they’re fashioned with some toil and effort, which includes regular trimming.
Finding and using the best beard trimmer – such as the Wahl Professional 08466-424 Super Taper Professional Corded Clipper – is essential for maintaining your beard.
We’ll review the best trimmers of 2020 in this post, while also discussing how to trim your beard properly, trimmer accessories that will help your beard to look its best, popular beard styles you can achieve with a trimmer, and a long list of frequently asked questions.
Let’s start with an in-depth look at the best trimmers on the market today.
THE 8 BEST BEARD TRIMMERS OF 2020
OUR #1 CHOICE
Wahl Professional 08466-424 Super Taper Professional Corded Clipper
- Highly respected manufacturer
- Suitable for first-time users
- Guide combs make trimming trouble-free
2) Philips BT1210 Cordless Beard Trimmer (Black)
- Mess-free trimming thanks to a vacuum and fan
- Several length settings
- Versatile can be used for mustache, sideburns, and neckline
3) Philips Multigroomer Trimmer (MG7715/15)
- Superfast action motor
- Excellent blades for a precise trim
- 19 length settings for your perfect beard length
4) Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 5100, BT5215/41, Cordless Groomer
- Self-sharpening blades and innovative action
- Excellent for men with sensitive facial skin
- 17 built-in precision lengths
5) Remington Mb4125 Beard Boss Styler (Black)
- Loaded with featured on its digital touch screen
- Auto Turbo mode adjusts the trimmer for you
- Easy to find your precise beard length
6) Lifelong LLPCM11 2 Hours Quick Charge Beard Trimmer with 4 hours Runtime and 20 length settings
- Suitable for wet and dry trimming, easy to clean
- Perfect for super detailed trimming
- Built with an ergonomic rubber grip for control and comfort
7) Mi Corded & Cordless Waterproof Beard Trimmer with Fast Charging – 40 length settings
- Versatile corded and cordless usage options
- Ultra-powerful battery – up to 90 minutes of cordless usage with just 2 hour charge time
- Unique quad edge design to reach tough spots effortlessly
8) SYSKA Ht750 Running Time 90Mins Ultratrim Beard Trimmer for Men (Black Silver)
- Blade material: self-sharpening stainless steel
- Beard trimmer comb – 20 length setting to keep your style versatile with trimming range: 0.5mm – 10mm
- Rapid charge in 1.5hours and up to 90 mins battery run time
- Cord and cordless use
BEFORE YOU BUY: 7 THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PURCHASING A BEARD TRIMMER
Rest assured, you’ll have plenty of options while looking for a beard trimmer. There are many types of trimmers on the market with lots of different features – from corded to cordless, the number and kind of attachments, and different settings.
How do you choose?
Let’s take a look:
Before you go to the store to check out beard trimmers, ask yourself how you intend to use the trimmer? Is it just for your beard, or will you also use it for your hair and other parts of your body?
Multi-use beard trimmers have a wider range of length settings that enable you to trim your beard, head, and body.
The Panasonic ER-GB40-S, for example, has 19 length settings and is effective for trimming your chest and other parts of your body (you’ll find it listed in our beard trimmer reviews).
2. CORDED OR CORDLESS
There are advantages to both corded and cordless beard trimmers:
- Cordless trimmers have more flexibility than corded trimmers because you can use them practically anywhere. Most cordless trimmers provide up to an hour of cutting time on a single charge, with the length of the charge needed to get to full power varying from trimmer to trimmer.
- Corded trimmers, generally speaking, provide a little more power. They also offer the peace of mind from knowing that your trimmer’s battery won’t run out in the middle of a trim.
If you choose a cordless trimmer, it’s important to know the length of the battery’s life before it needs to recharge.
With a corded trimmer, the length of the cord may be important if you’re seeking maximum maneuverability in your bathroom or another area where you do your trimming.
Cordless trimmers usually come with charging stations, or stands, and you can leave your charger in the stand until its next use to ensure a full charge.
Many trimmers come with attachments that are added to the unit to achieve different lengths and different styles – such as a goatee – or include a stubble guide attachment that helps you achieve the stubble look that is popular among many men.
4. YOUR BEARD LENGTH
The length of your beard – medium, short, stubble – is an important factor when choosing a trimmer.
Make sure that the one you choose as multiple length settings. Also, some trimmers are best for short hair, others with longer hair – and so on. The bottom line is that the trimmer you choose supports the length of beard you have.
5. WET & DRY USE
Many of the best trimmers are good for wet and dry use, i.e., you can both use it in the shower and/or with shave gels, lotions, and foams. Waterproof trimmers are usually easier to clean, as well.
In most cases, you simply wash them with water from your faucet to remove excess hair trimmings. That kind of convenience is hard to beat.
6. THE BLADES
Stainless steel, chromium, and titanium blades are longer lasting and more comfortable than other types blades.
Many beard trimmers, including more expensive ones, have dual-edged blades that provide extra cutting precision (and enable you to fine-tune your beard more efficiently).
The travel-friendliness of your trimmer is something to consider if you’re on the road a lot. Is the trimmer lightweight, compact and easily placed into a carry-on bag or another type of luggage? Portability is an important consideration in any case.
Travel-friendly trimmers should also have a longer battery life while being easily chargeable. In most cases, a cordless trimmer is easier to take with you when you travel, but it needs to have an easy-to-access charging source.
While the information above should help you in choosing a trimmer, here are the products that rise to the top of the list when considering your purchase.